2021 was a huge year for gotLearning. Taking the concept of a Collaborative Learning System from a 6th grade humanities classroom to a fully fledged platform available to all students, teachers and classrooms around the world has been a massive undertaking.
This would not have been possible without all of the feedback we have received from teachers, students, school administrators and parents from around the world. Thank you to each and everyone of you.
We are incredibly excited to continue our mission into 2022, but we would like to take a look back at what we all have accomplished in the past year.
gotLearning's Collaborative Learning System fills the instructional gap between the Learning Management System (LMS) the Student Information System (SIS).
Some of the highlights include:
- The defining and creation of a new EdTech category – the Collaborative Learning System (CLS).
- Partnering with our first customers.
- gotLearning’s beta version was built by students. We then hired our own internal software engineering team to build on their work and take the software to general availability.
- gotLearning is now available via all web browsers and devices including Mac, Chromebook, Windows, iPad, Android tablets and mobile devices.
- gotLearning’s mobile apps allow students and teachers to do everything they can on the web app on their phones. An added bonus is the ability to scan in non-digital work via the mobile app into Learning Conversations.
- Mobile apps are available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Three editions are now available:
- ProTeacher for individual educators to use in their own classrooms – free for SY 2021-2022.
- Teams for up to five educators (teachers, educational specialists and school administrators) to collaborate about and across their classes and students.
- School Edition for schools that want to be able to curate and share learning evidence involving all of their students and stakeholders (teachers, special educators, instructional coaches, counselors, school administrators etc.)
- Improvements to learning conversations via feedback from students, teachers and administrators.
- Integration with Google Classroom and Google Workspace for Education.
- Improved linking to outside resources such as LMS and SIS platforms and your favorite EdTech tools such as FlipGrid and Kahn Academy etc.
We are incredibly excited to continue to provide an elegant new platform to curate and share learning evidence. Whether in-person, hybrid or remote, educators and students can show growth over time.
We are looking forward to helping students, teachers and schools personalize learning, build student agency, implement competency-based learning, standards-based grading (or even ungrading), teaching soft-skills and creating student centered classrooms.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from gotLearning!
If you want to learn more do not hesitate to contact us.